Monday 27 October 2008

Half Term - Don't you just love 'em?

Back from Bridlington and looking at a week off work, so I thought it was about time I did something with the GP... I got the front upper and lower bearing races two weeks ago, and they have been in the freezer since (note to self; don't put on tongue), and I picked up a pair of silent blocks plus a Mark Broadhurst rear wheel race bearing and a copper exhaust gasket from the parts fair in Brid, so we're good to go. On the subject of the parts fair, why do we get charged a fiver to go in to spend? It's wrong that we have to stump up this money... I don't mind a couple of quid, but a fiver? Come on! ) OK... End of rant.

Anyhow... The good news is that because of my lack of workshop, Carol has agreed to let me start the build in the kitchen, where the dining table used to be... What a result. A warm, light environment with clean floors and easy access to brews in which to put the scoot back together... It can't get better than that! I'm off to move the dining room table now, and get the frame prepped for the rebuild. May even post some pictures later today to show how much I've done...

No comments: