Monday 15 September 2008

Back from the sprayers - It's looking good

The scoot is now back from the sprayers and I think the colours work really well for the theme I have planned. I'm not posting any pictures yet, because that will give the game away, but I love the way it's looking.

Chris Timmins did my spraying... He's the guy who did Ady's Lambretta (the Factory Records LI which Ady managed to plough the Southport Road with... Nice Job, Ady!) and he did an excellent job of Ady's scooter and he's really cheap. So I thought I'd give him a go for mine. Turns out he used to live next door to me when I was a kid... One of those wierd coincidences that life sometimes throws up.

Anyhoo... Colours were applied (colours, as in plural) and he did an even better job of mine than he did with Ady's (in my opinion). There were a couple of bits on the headset bottom where the paint was a bit light and some primer showed through, but that was due to Chris not knowing Lammys - He sprayed it upside down and the recess for the steering lock and a couple of small points where the gear indicator is weren't covered properly still showed the primer. I pointed this out and he sorted it immediately, which was excellent... He also went above and beyond on the frame, as after it was done, I asked for the small rivet holes where the Indian chassis plate used to be (above the bridge piece) to be filled. And it only cost me £320 including the prep, paint and everything! A real result! Anyhow, if anyone wants a Lammy doing, I would recommend him. A good painter who does a really good job at a reasonable price! Drop me a mail and I'll pass on his mobile...

No comments: