Monday 18 August 2008

Badges and Stainless runners

Now I have the new legshields, I can take the opportunity of fitting some of those tricky items which will damage the paintwork if (or more likely, when) I get it wrong. Ady said one of the most tricky jobs was fitting the stainless steel floor runners to the legshields, especially round the curve. So I figured I would give mine a dry fit before the paint went on. And I'm glad I did. The runners are well made, but they take a lot of jiggling (and therefore scratching) to get on. A few taps with a hammer and a screwdriver finally got the last runner in place, though... I like the way they look, however... Very special.

While damaging the legshields was on the cards, I decided to drill the holes for my fraudulent badges. The scooter is an Indian Vijay 150 Super, but I am putting Lambretta GP150 badges on it... How wrong is that
? Like labelling Rola Cola as Coke... Anyway, it's my scooter, so I'm doing it. I have been taking loads of reference photographs of GP's to get the positioning of the badges right... Most of the GP's I have seen are Indian in origin anyway (there are a few telltale signs to spot 'em... It's a fun way to spend an afternoon on a rally, Indian spotting... I bored Carol senseless with that game at Cleethorpes). Anyway, I took an average of where other people put theirs and drilled the holes... I like it, anyway. I'm sure some anorak will tell me that they are in the wrong place, but it's an Indian GP... As far as I'm concerned, they look good where they are!

No comments: