Sunday 15 March 2009

More workshop details


The workshop is wired for Electricity, courtesy of Ady who pulled a blinder getting it all wired and correct. Cheers, mate!

I wanted to have loads of sockets and light in there, so I have got fourteen sockets, three flourescent tubes, plus a couple of tasklights and an external security light on there too. One of the tubes is set on the back wall, at waist level, so that any project can be viewed without difficulty on the turntable.

... I didn't mention the turntable, did I? As part of the deal for letting me work in the kitchen over the winter, Carol wanted a new dining room table, so being a cheapskate (and a bit skint), I re-used the old table to make a turntable. I routed out a groove on the floor, put a corresponding groove on the underside of the table, and filled the resulting channel with greased marbles... Hey presto! One turntable. Scooter goes in, work, work, work, turn and scooter goes out! The turntable has a retaining pin for safety, and this can be locked off at every quarter turn.

The floor and half of the interior walls came from Jimmy, who also played a blinder. Cheers mate!

So do you want to see more of the workshop?

No comments: