Saturday 14 March 2009

OK... The workshop is (nearly) finished...



So, for the past few months I've been building the workshop so that I can carry on with the Lambretta rebuild. And I've reached the stage where I can move in, now. So this is what the workshop looks like from the outside...

As you can see, it needs a coat of paint, which I will do over Easter. It measures 16' by 8', and I built it myself from a big pile of wood. In total, the wood for the shed cost me about £1,200, but the ply is all exterior grade, and I treated all the timbers myself. I need to put a permanent roof on too, but for the moment it is weathertight.

The construction is double walled, which gave me space for the insulation, so the whole space is nice and warm and windproof. I was also lucky enough to get hold of some double glazed units (thanks, Hayley) which I fitted into the workshop. The original plan was to have a set of double doors to facilitate easy removal of scooters, but the single door is more than adequate, as it measures 1m x 2m... More than wide enough for even the fattest of Vespas!

No comments: