Tuesday 1 July 2008

So it begins...


I got an Indian GP for my 40th Birthday in 2007... My partner Carol bought it for me as a project to complete over the summer, and I was well chuffed... The panels looked nice and straight and although it needed some work, I felt sure I could do it using the excellent manual by Sticky.

And so it sat there. All summer, then through the autumn, winter and spring. Rallies came and went, and it was far easier and dream about what it could be, and what it would look like than to actually do it. I'm lucky enough to own a few scooters, so the need to complete this project wasn't that urgent.

I wasn't totally idle, though... On each rally, I made sure I bought at least one item for the rebuild. Small things, sometimes, and other times I got a larger bit. At the Cheeky Northern Monkeys do, I got a set of Chrome tubeless rims, for example. Then at the Isle of Wight, I bought some Heidenlau tyres to go on them. I also got some things off the net, from e-bay and from ScootRS in Vietnam. The e-bay stuff was of varying quality (some OK, but mainly average), but the ScootRS stuff was excellent.

So it got to Spring of this year and I had a scooter and a box of bits. All I needed was to put them both together... Can't be that hard, can it?

No comments: