Friday 25 July 2008

Stripped and ready

the big pile of components
The scooter is now stripped down to component level... A really satisfying feeling, seeing it in this state. I need to get it stripped now. I'm using Ribble Technology for the stripping... They did my mate Ady's scooter and did a good job of it. The company is based in Preston, so it is fairly local, although I'll have to wait until Carol is off next week because I'll need the car. It is possible to take each piece individually by scooter, but it wouldn't be the best use of my time...

The Chinese boxes in the foreground are all labelled and ready, the scooter itself will now be stacked up and readied for the stripping process... I need to check for hidden components (lugs, shims, etc) which may be destroyed by the dipping process...

And that toolbox was a right bastard to get out, too... The forks will be totally refurbished, which means that I'll have to strip these by hand after they have been done... More on that later.


No comments: