Monday 18 August 2008

It doesn't fit...

Those of you who have done a few rebuilds will have undoubtedly used the words in the title of the post before... 'It doesn't fit' seems too echo from every forum in the scootering world. Now it's my turn to use the phrase.

I offered up the toolbox to the new legshield, and from above, it looks spot on... The PX toolbox was
from ScootRS, and it has been shaped to fit a GP legshield.

Unfortunately, the person who shaped the toolbox has obviously never even seen a GP legshield in his (or her) life, before... I would need to t
ake a bus between the legshield and the edge of the toolbox! It is a shame, because everything else I have got from the company looks to be of good quality... Plan B needs to come into action as soon as possible... Plan B is to put the PX toolbox on e-bay and see how much I can get for it... By the time I have trimmed the toolbox so that there is a nice, equal gap all around the edge, and I have ground off and repositioned the anchors inside the box, I may be able to fit a tissue inside. So it really is not worth having. So off it goes. *End of rant*

No comments: