Thursday 14 August 2008

To the Sprayers

Took the Lammy to the sprayers today. It had already started to flash rust, so I decided to get it in as soon as possible... It should have a coat of primer by Saturday, so hopefully, it won't rot away too much.

The sprayer is a chap called Chris Timmins, and I was introduced to him by Ady, after he sprayed his scooter really well. And really cheaply. I say introduced... Chris was actually my next door neighbour when I was a kid, and he lived at 4 Brookside for a number of years before moving away. Small world, eh?

We talked colours (the scooter is going to be sprayed in one colour, but elements will be in another colour, to keep the suspense going for a while longer), and Chris said he could repair and re-weld the damaged bits, but I have been pricing up replacement legshields anyway, and for £90, I could have a new set with none of the hassle of being repaired... Not sure what to do yet.

No comments: